Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ki-ichiro Toda

Today I met with Ki Ichiro Toda san 戸田麒一郎.
we talked about camera and stuff today,
he said he was going to introduce me to
Hiroshi Sugimoto 杉本博司.

he introduced me to some pretty good
photographs





ALEX also recommanded me to look at
AI WEI WEI the contemporary artist from shanghai
he is now in roppongi hills



NAKAHIRA TAKUMA


小川 隆之
Image


some quotes i would like to remember :D

Does not the very word 'creative' mean to build, to initiate, to give out, to act - rather than to be acted upon, to be subjective? Living photography is positive in its approach, it sings a song of life - not death.
Berenice Abbott

I didn't decide to be a photographer; I just happened to fall into it.
Berenice Abbott

Photography can never grow up if it imitates some other medium. It has to walk alone; it has to be itself.
Berenice Abbott

Photography can only represent the present. Once photographed, the subject becomes part of the past.
Berenice Abbott

Photography helps people to see.
Berenice Abbott

The camera is no more an instrument of preservation, the image is.
Berenice Abbott

The challenge for me has first been to see things as they are, whether a portrait, a city street, or a bouncing ball. In a word, I have tried to be objective.
Berenice Abbott

There are many teachers who could ruin you. Before you know it you could be a pale copy of this teacher or that teacher. You have to evolve on your own.
Berenice Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment